欧洲新闻网 | 中国 | 国际 | 社会 | 娱乐 | 时尚 | 民生 | 科技 | 旅游 | 体育 | 财经 | 健康 | 文化 | 艺术 | 人物 | 家居 | 公益 | 视频 | 华人 | 闽东之光
投稿邮箱:uscntv@outlook.com
主页 > 头条 > 正文

詹姆斯·科米试图推迟他的贝壳审判

2026-05-21 10:35 -ABC  -  浏览量:184131

  前美国联邦调查局导演詹姆斯·科米的律师周三要求法官推迟对他的刑事审判,指控他涉嫌威胁总统-目前计划于7月15日开始-至少三个月。

  科米的律师告诉法庭,他们计划提出多项动议,以“宪法理由”驳回起诉,并需要更多时间审查检察官收集的证据。

  在周三提交的一份无人反对的动议中,科米的律师要求将他的传讯推迟到2026年10月,届时法官可以设定审判日期。根据拟议的时间表,科米驳回起诉的动议将于7月下旬到期。

  根据动议,检察官不反对推迟审判。

  科米被指控威胁要杀死唐纳德·特朗普总统Instagram上的照片海滩上的贝壳排列成数字“86 47”总统的盟友引用俚语“86”的意思“nix”或“摆脱”某物,声称该帖子是对第47任总统特朗普的含蓄威胁。

  在帖子遭到强烈反对后,科米从Instagram上删除了这张照片,并表示他不知道帖子可能与暴力有关。

  在上个月宣布指控的新闻发布会上,代理司法部长托德·布兰奇认为,科米的职位越过了第一修正案保护的言论和应受起诉的言论之间的界限。

  布兰奇说:“这不是一条很难看的线,在我看来,也不是一条很难跨越的线,不管是哪种方式。”“我们不能,你不允许威胁美利坚合众国的总统。那不是我的决定。这是国会的决定,也是他们通过的一项法令,我们一年要收取多次费用。”

  特朗普的批评者表示,这项指控是政府惩罚特朗普的又一次努力总统眼中的敌人在去年的一次审判后扔出以不相关的罪名起诉科米。

  “嗯,他们回来了。这次是关于一年前北卡罗来纳州海滩上的一张贝壳照片,”科米在起诉书公开后发布在网上的一段视频中说。“这不会是结束,但我什么都没有改变。我仍然是无辜的,我仍然不害怕,我仍然相信独立的联邦司法机构,所以我们走吧。”

  James Comey seeks to delay his seashell trial

  Lawyers for former FBI Director James Comey asked a judge Wednesday to delay his criminal trial on charges of allegedlythreatening the president-- which is currently scheduled to begin on July 15 -- by at least three months.

  Comey's attorneys told the court that they plan to file multiple motions to dismiss the indictment on "constitutional grounds" and need more time to review the evidence gathered by prosecutors.

  In an unopposed motion filed Wednesday, Comey's lawyers asked to delay his arraignment until October 2026, at which point the judge could set a trial date. Under the proposed schedule, Comey's motions to dismiss the indictment would be due in late July.

  Prosecutors do not oppose delaying the trial, according to the motion.

  Comey was charged with threatening to kill President Donald Trump by posting aphoto on Instagramof seashells on a beach arranged in the numbers "86 47." Citing the slang meaning of "86" as to "nix" or "get rid" of something, allies of the president allege that the post was a veiled threat against Trump, who is the 47th president.

  Following backlash over the post, Comey removed the photo from Instagram and said he was unaware that the post could be associated with violence.

  At a press conference announcing the charges last month, acting Attorney General Todd Blanche argued that Comey's post crossed the line between First Amendment-protected speech and speech that warrants prosecution.

  "It's not a very difficult line to look at, and it's not, in my mind, a difficult line for one to cross over, one way or the other," Blanche said. "We cannot, you are not allowed to threaten the President of the United States of America. That's not my decision. That's Congress's decision, and a statute that they passed that we charge multiple times a year."

  Critics of Trump say the indictment is another effort by the administration to punish thepresident's perceived enemiesafter a judge last yearthrew outan indictment against Comey on unrelated charges.

  "Well, they're back. This time about a picture of seashells on a North Carolina Beach a year ago," Comey said in a video posted online after the indictment was unsealed."And this won't be the end of it, but nothing has changed with me. I'm still innocent, I'm still not afraid, and I still believe in the independent federal judiciary, so let's go."

  声明:文章大多转自网络,旨在更广泛的传播。本文仅代表作者个人观点,与美国新闻网无关。其原创性以及文中陈述文字和内容未经本站证实,对本文以及其中全部或者部分内容、文字的真实性、完整性、及时性本站不作任何保证或承诺,请读者仅作参考,并请自行核实相关内容。如有稿件内容、版权等问题请联系删除。联系邮箱:uscntv@outlook.com。

上一篇:特朗普不在佐治亚州的选票上,但他可能决定周二的比赛
下一篇:凡妮莎·特朗普称她被诊断患有乳腺癌

热点新闻

重要通知

服务之窗

关于我们| 联系我们| 广告服务| 供稿服务| 法律声明| 招聘信息| 网站地图

本网站所刊载信息,不代表美国新闻网的立场和观点。 刊用本网站稿件,务经书面授权。

美国新闻网由欧洲华文电视台美国站主办 www.uscntv.com

[部分稿件来源于网络,如有侵权请及时联系我们] [邮箱:uscntv@outlook.com]